|Photo - Food Network|
After the exotic ingredient challenge, Rodney Henry and Damaris Phillips were determined the winners, so they did not have to compete in the Chopped challenge and were safe from elimination. If you were hoping for a pie stuffed with basket ingredients or another shimmy, you were out of luck. Here are some quick thoughts on how each of the contestants did during the Chopped challenge, in which Alex Guarnaschelli was a guest judge:
- Nikki Dinki - Forced vegetables into her dish by adding broccoli, which ended up working for her.
- Rodney Henry - Got to judge the Chopped competition and was safe from elimination. Loved when people did things relating to pie. Used the adjective 'killer' a lot.
- Chris Hodgson - Won points with the judges by helping out Stacey after he finished early. Won the judges over after revealing he was a drug addict and alcoholic, and that food was how he got over it.
- Connie "Lovely" Jackson - Apple pie filling on top of a salad = Rodney liking anything to do with a pie.
- Russell Jackson - The judges didn't like his food and his presentation went over the time limit.
- Danushka Lysek - Has been on Chopped before, so should have had an advantage. She made Alex Guarnaschelli angry when she revealed she was frying things out of boredom.
- Viet Pham - Made some hot dog ramen
- Damaris Phillips - Got to judge the Chopped competition and was safe from elimination. Took it out on Danushka for her presentation, which Danushka didn't like.
- Stacey Poon-Kinney - Went with a pot pie, which had Rodney pretty excited.... Until the pie dough and vegetables inside were raw.
- Chad Rosenthal - Did well once again
After both of the Chopped rounds, the judges let everyone know who was safe, and they had a bottom 4 this for this episode, which included Danushka Lysek (Again), Russell Jackson, Lovely Jackson, and Stacey Poon-Kinney.
The judges told Lovely she needs to be more polished and was safe from elimination. Stacey was the next contestant that they told was safe. The judges then finally decided to eliminate Danushka Lysek, and she didn't seem too upset. Everyone hoping for her elimination the past two weeks can rejoice.
|Photo - Food Network|
For the last two weeks, there was no Bob and Susie, and this week, no Giada De Laurentiis because she was filming something else in NY (probably the Today show). Hard to take things seriously when the Food Network can't even book the judges of the show for the duration of the show. They also didn't use focus groups or the dials this week, which is probably a good thing, but shows they aren't sticking to their own POV.
Are you finally glad to see Danushka go? While I thought she had no shot to win, I thought she made the show interesting and it was entertaining to see how angry it got people that she wasn't eliminated the first two weeks.