|Photo - Joe Willy's Website|
The Positive Reviews:
- "LOVE this place! Beyond Amazing food and everything is just amazing there! PLUS they're not too expensive! Go here! You will not be disappointed! Promise!"
- "Visited this restaurant since its Restaurant Impossible makeover. Food is fantastic. Quaint and quiet. Staff very accomodating and attentive and reasonably priced. The only drawback I would have is that the Mens restroom wasn't finished with the renovation. All-in-all nice decor and excellent food."
- "My wife and I go out alot in the area, never knew about this place. What a find!! Place looks great. Service was very friendly and welcoming. Definately will go back"
- "We enjoyed the food before, and found each of the dishes post "intervention" very tasty.....Joe seems out of place, as he is out of the kitchen, and I look forward to getting the down and dirty on the makeover when they air the show."
- "After reading some of the reviews and knowing about their recent visit from "Restaurant Impossible", I felt the need to go and give it a try. Impressed doesn't even do justice to what I experienced. After reading some harsh reviews, I can't put my finger on why or how people would have ANYTHING negative to comment about this place. Food was the best seafood I have ever eaten."
The Negative Reviews:
- "Entire meal was over cooked and the prices were too high for the area and for what you get. Services was a bit deficient and the table wobbled badly. The exterior of the place looks as if it is deserted. The interior decor is nice, but the outside needs a lot of work."
- "Food was okay. not as many choices as before. Bring back the steak/sea food combo dinners! that was the only reason we went. with that said this is a nothing special place - prefer old menu. place looks better than before."
- "I am not sure what “Restaurant Impossible” did with this restaurant but I’m sure if they came back 5 days after completing what they did they would be horribly embarrassed. Seriously disappointed as I was looking forward to a good seafood restaurant in the area – this isn’t it - Never Again!!!!"
The food reviews before Restaurant Impossible visited were not that bad, and there were a lot of five star reviews. Before Restaurant Impossible visited, there were some complaints about the smell of the place, so I am sure the makeover helped with that.
From their menu on their website, it looks like Joe Willy's has stuck with the menu Restaurant Impossible recommended. There are even menu items marked with a star as a "Restaurant Impossible Specialty."
One complaint I did see multiple times was the temperature inside the restaurant was very cold. Not sure the reasoning behind that, but they may want to turn up the heat in the restaurant as people complained of having to eat with jackets on.
With good food reviews and an updated decor, Joe Willy's sounds like it has what it takes to turn their restaurant around.
Reviews from Tripadvisor, Yelp, Foursquare
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant Impossible Updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter