- "One of the best places in Indiana for homecooking and family service. Say "hi" to Bill Ducky Duncan. He is a great host and the atmosphere and food are both excellent (and reasonably priced)."
- "Cute little diner. The outside was so much different than the inside. Definitely a big surprise. The decor was absolutely adorable."
- "There were 6 in our group and everyone enjoyed their food. Our waitress, in her pink ribbon shoes, was very good. If we get back to Kokomo we will revisit this restaurant."
- "My family had dinner here last night and we all loved it! Our server was very friendly and helpful! The food was so yummy and the bill didn't break the bank!"
- "We've always enjoyed their breakfast and lunch, but with the new floor, updated décor and slimdown menu items....whew! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!"
- "This place has it all, good atmosphere, really really good food and great servers!! You are only cheating yourself if you don't stop in"
- "The decor is clearly from Restaurant Impossible. The service and food is clearly not.
- Nice clean place, service was fair and friendly. I liked the Catfish but the grits and red pepper was cold. The rest of my party were equally disappointed in their steak dishes."
- "We were so disappointed. There is not much to choose from on the menu. The salad bar was ok and I ordered a BLT which was not good. The bacon was almost raw. The staff is very friendly just wish the food had been better."
Just months after the Restaurant Impossible makeover, it appears Ducky's Family Restaurant is already for sale. The listing price is $319,900 and the description states: "Great turn key opportunity! This 3,100 square foot restaurant has been recently remodeled and ready for new owners. High traffic location with a clean and fresh new look. Everything stays!"
Here is the listing on the ReMax real estate website and here is the flyer with pictures (Hopefully the 2nd link works, but you can put any name and email in if you want to view it).
Despite being around for 33 years, Ducky's Family restaurant had 1 review on Yelp and 1 review on Tripadvisor before Restaurant Impossible visited. Since Restaurant Impossible visited in July, there have already been 14 additional reviews on Tripadvisor. Most of the reviews are positive and say that the food, atmosphere and service is great. Obviously the local people are excited about the restaurant makeover and there were also tons of volunteers that helped out during the makeover, which shows the amount of local support the restaurant has.
While the reviews are good and it seems business has picked up, the owners have decided to put their business up for sale. Hopefully they didn't use Restaurant Impossible as an opportunity to get a free makeover and then use the publicity to turn around and sell the restaurant.
UPDATE 12/2013 - Ducky's has closed due to unpaid taxes. More information on the closing.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant Impossible Updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter