|Photo - Facebook|
No reviews of the golf course or "restaurant" since the Restaurant Impossible visit
Other News and Links:
- Here is the Pomona Golf and Country Club Facebook page, which now says Pomona Golf Course & Grill. Perhaps there was a name change recommended by Robert Irvine due to his "business plan."
- In June, just a month after the makeover, the golf course bought new golf carts according to their Facebook page (Link).
- The Country Club has been doing "9 and dines" on Saturdays. Meaning you play their nine hole golf course, and after your round, you stay for a BBQ. The prices are $30 for non-members, $25 for members, and $12 for the BBQ only. The menu has included basic items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, ribs, chicken and sides.
- A comment on an article about the Restaurant Impossible makeover stated, "LMAO! This is a joke, right? I was just in there 2 weeks ago. "Golf Club"! It's a 9 hole course for duffers like me. The "restaurant" is a dump and has about 3 items on the menu, the best of which is toast. I guess it could use a makeover. "Uh, can I get some dang scrapple?"
- While the address of the Pomona is in Egg Harbor City, locals say it is in Galloway in the comments section of this article.
- Here is an article from 2010 that gives a lot of background about the course and how it is a family run golf course.
- For some reason, Pomona Golf and Country Club is listed as closed on Yelp, although it is not closed.
There haven't been any reviews for their "restaurant" or golf course since the makeover. A week after making over a bar/bowling place, Robert Irvine is now at a golf course, so I guess any business qualifies for Restaurant Impossible now. Whether Pomona Golf Course & Grill succeeds probably depends on how many people sign up for a membership or play their golf course, and not what food they are serving.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant Impossible updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter