|Photo - Food Network|
The Positive Reviews:
- "Sapori D' Italia is the best restaurant in fountain hills! If you have a sweet tooth, the desert is awesome! The food is fresh and tasty!...The staff is great and they are very friendly. Place is clean and nice not too expensive."
- "Can't get any better then this! If you want Good / Fresh Italian food you need visit! I guarantee you will be going back. Gasper & Maria and the entire staff make sure you feel wlecome, happy & full!"
- "This is one of the best Italian restaurants in the Valley! Everything is made from scratch, pasta, cheeses, sodas, cakes, pizza with the finest ingredients. The owners are very friendly and take great pride in their food."
- "Best Italian Food around and the nightly specials are amazing also! Gasper and Maria make it an amazing experience! The Pizza is delicious as well! Try the calamari and don't leave without trying Maria's homemade desserts."
- "Excellent Italian Restaurant! Best NY style brick oven Pizza in AZ with fresh mozzarella. Great new sauce with the calamari. Fresh hip atmosphere. Drove by and stopped in during an episode of Restaurant Impossible from the Food Network. Great work!"
- "I live in Phoenix and always make a point to come to Sapori D'italia when I am in Fountain Hills....The food is consistently amazing! I've been there several times (last night was our first weekend dinner) and the service has always been great!...This place has the best authentic Italian food in Arizona!"
- "We had a great experience. Food was super, New makeover looked great....We will be back."
- "True Italian, not American. I have to pinch myself to remind that I am in AZ and not Italy."
The Negative Reviews:
- "Food just OK. Looked like wonderful bread and flatbreads, but they were not warm, like I expected and thought should be. Mixed appetizer platter nothing special. Eggplant parmigiana just ok, but they got the angel hair pasta fine. My wife had Chicken Picata. Tender, flavorful, but a small portion.....Shared a bottle of house Chianti for 3 of us. $70 per couple overall seems pricey for what it is."
- "I had heard good things about this restaurant, but, have to say, I was rather disappointed....It was a busy night for them, but even so, the service was very slow. It was at least 90 minutes before we finally got our entrees. Not good."
- "The food here is outstanding!! This place just was renovated by Restaurant Impossible, it seems even that didn't fix two BIG problems. 1. SLOW, SLOW, service. 2. VERY snobby new French lady as the hostess."
I think this restaurant was one of the highest rated I have ever seen before Restaurant Impossible visited. A lot of 5-star reviews, with people raving about how everything is fresh, homemade, and delicious. As the description of the show mentions more about the broken family, I have a feeling this episode is going to focus more on fixing that, rather than the usual problems of bad finances and bad food.
People like the makeover, continue to love the food, and have said they will be repeat customers. There were a few negative comments about price and slow service, but it looks like this restaurant will continue to succeed with the boost in business from the Restaurant Impossible visit. Hopefully the family issues are resolved or can be resolved.
Reviews from Yelp, Tripadvisor, and Urbanspoon