Here are some updates for the week in Food Network news:
- Today is Anne Burrell's birthday, and she turns 43, so Happy Birthday to her!
- Last night, Tyler Florence cooked dinner for Barack Obama and some guests for a $20,000 per plate fundraiser dinner in Florida. Dishes included: squash and quail egg ravioli, chicken fried quail, crispy pork belly, corn pudding and coconut shortbread. The Braiser has the story along with pictures of the meal taken from Twitter.
- Former Food Network chef David Ruggerio had his restaurant trashed by anti-Semetic vandals. They urinated everywhere, smashed things, and spray-painted graffiti. The estimated damages are estimated to be $200,000. It seems to be an inside job done by a disgruntled former employee. (Link)
- Sandra Lee will be presented with the the Stewart B Mckinney award for her work on poverty and homelessness and will be honored at a dinner in November. (Link)
- Just a reminder that Jeff Mauro's new series $24 in 24 premieres this Monday at 10:30pm