|Photo - Food Network|
- "The menu is much smaller now but the new items are very good. Presentation is very nice and the new atmosphere is enjoyable."
- "Stopped here last night and I have to say it was a pretty great place..... All in all it was a great find and we will give it a try again."
- "We sampled each of the entrees and it was delicious. It's not fancy but the food is fresh and it taste great. The menu didn't have a big selection and is simple so it is not overwhelming. I will be back again."
- "Went for dinner last night, everything was delish. I loved the attention to detail.... So happy good fresh food is available, too many places in this area depend on their freezers and their microwaves. And great selection of beers. "
- "We ate at "Edibles" once before, and the service, food, and ambiance were all lacking. We hadn't been back in years, until now. Robert Irvine and his Restaurant Impossible crew came through and revamped the place (decor, menu, etc) earlier in May and I have to say the owners and staff are doing a really good job at applying the restaurant's new identity as Hurley's American Grill.....We will definitely be going back"
- "I've been there since the makeover. Only 2 things were changed, the decor and the menu. The service had always been good...... The 6 page menu was reduced to 1 page. I assume to cut down food costs. Now that the staff has been trained in the new menu, the menu was recently expanded to 4 pages with more selections. The food has always been good there and the prices comparable to other places that serve the same so I don't understand the lack of business."
- "We have been longtime lunch customers of Edibles...Recently it has been given a makeover by a "reality" show. The interior is very trendy now and the main room, strangely, feels smaller...The menu is also much smaller, now.....I don't know if I'd go back. I understand they were losing money, but to me they had a good thing going and I'm not sure this will help (it was busy at the time we were there, but I suspect many people are curious about the changes.)"
- "Went there not realizing it wasnt edibles any longer. really miss the homey feel of the old place. now, it has alot of trendy look to it, and seriously looks smaller inside. plus, the menu-not as appealing. miss the variety...had to wait longer for food. didnt like the fries. dont like the high tops in the middle of the restaurant, and miss the tv's"
During the Restaurant Impossible makeover, it was decided to rename the restaurant from Edible's to Hurley's American Grille, so I bet this episode will focus a lot on the family. The reviews for Hurley's American Grille are overwhelmingly positive and it seems they are sticking with Robert's changes, such as the smaller menu. The few negative reviews had comments that the place looked smaller after the changes, and someone missed the TV's that used to be there. From reading the comments on local newspaper articles about the makeover, the community is definitely supportive of the restaurant and the family that owns it. The restaurant does keep an up to date Facebook page and has a new restaurant website. It sounds like they are having a lot of success since the Restaurant Impossible makeover.
UPDATE 7/30/2013 - The General Manager, Steven Hurley, of Hurley's said that during the filming Robert Irvine teared up and had the cameras turned off, but it didn't make the episode (Link).
Also, from another article, Steven said they went from 14 employees to between 24 and 26 employees and that the restaurant is very busy. During the episode, Robert suggested that John Sr. work less hours, but due to the restaurant being more busy, he is actually working more hours now.
Despite Robert changing the name of the restaurant, they left the sign in the strip mall as Edible's. So the strip mall sign has Edible's, but the restaurant sign has Hurley's American Grille. Also, employees are still wearing Edible's shirts.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant Impossible Updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter