As I normally do with Restaurant: Impossible episodes, I searched around the Internet to read stories, comments and reviews about Gigi's Music Cafe to get an idea of how the restaurant/music cafe is doing since Robert Irvine visited, and here is what I found (note - all reviews are post Restaurant: Impossible):
- "The food was good / had the chicken and waffles with Mac and cheese - I know I know starchy but good! They have the bucket of beer tokens that you can use anytime! There was a girl Dj Shelly - had the 90s hip hop jumpin! Good time ! Great service from the waitress . I will be going back!"
- "I had a blast observing the process from Chef Robert Irvine's Restaurant Impossible team transforming Gigi's Music Cafe into an inviting venue for music and a meal......We would come back, just not order our menu selections again. We both felt that the dish to go with was the chicken and waffles. So, that's for the next time. It's not a dining experience. It's about having good music while you enjoy a meal. Hopefully on the return visit there will be music playing."
Other News and Links:
- The Restaurant Impossible makeover happened in early March of 2015.
- Here is the Gigi's Music Cafe Facebook page which is kept up-to-date. Most of the updates are for the entertainment rather than the restaurant.
- Here is the Gigi's website and dinner menu.
- There were only 2 post Restaurant Impossible reviews, and the reviews before the makeover were pretty positive. Also, there were some positive reviews on their Facebook page.
- Gigi's Music Cafe expanded and had a grand re-opening Mardi Gras party on February 7, 2015. So they expanded and renovated shortly before Restaurant Impossible came. (Link) The expansion and renovation seemed to be complete in December 2014. (Link)
- A January 2013 article says that the main attraction at Gigi's is the entertainment and at the time they did not have a liquor license (they currently have one).
There wasn't much information on this one, so it was hard to determine how it has been doing. It is interesting that they just expanded and remodeled before Restaurant Impossible visited. A decision to expand is usually due to success, so perhaps the decision to expand may have hurt them. Or maybe they weren't struggling at all.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant: Impossible updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter