|Photo - Food Network|
- "Menu says four wings but these are huge turkey sized chicken wings. The waffle is huge, heavy, doughy (buckwheat?), hot, freshly made, and satisfying. I could not muster more than three or four bites...The best part are the people working here who are really nice and will make effort to be welcoming to newcomers...Sure, looks a little scary from the outside, but inside, it's homey and nice. Service is slow but that's how it is in OKC."
- "First off, the new decor is fabulous! It is clean and modern...As for the food, it was delicious!...The service at Mama E's left a bit to be desired. The owner was charismatic and friendly but the rest of the employees, who seemed to be family, lacked zeal and were curt...All in all my experience was decent and better than expected. A solid 3 star rating. I look forward to trying them a few more times and will update my review accordingly."
- "Awesome food and very friendly service!..Everything was delicious! Atmosphere is clean and tasteful but nothing fancy. However, the food makes up for it! Will definitely be back!"
- "I have been wanting to try this place out for a long time and finally my boyfriend and I went during our lunch break. Excellent!!...Of course we had to end the meal with a piece of pecan pie, and like all the rest of the food, it was so good! On top of all the deliciousness, the lady who helped us was amazing and extremely attentive:) Will go back again!!"
- "They lost me at the drinks. Sweet tea was sour, meaning old and rotten. I've been drinking tea my whole life & if you can't make good tea in Oklahoma then you should just shut it down.... The food was either drowning in sugar or salt. Wings not battered enough, burger bun sopped in grease, served late to the table, fries no flavor but grease, the greens had no spice, the jambalaya had 3 small pieces of sausage. It's a no! The people were very nice but the food just isn't. Sorry."
Other News and Links:
- There is no website or Facebook page for Mama E's that I can find.
- The episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives originally aired in July of 2009 (season 6). I was unable to find it on YouTube, but its available on Amazon (Link to it on Amazon)
- The second location referenced in the episode description opened in 2010. Here is a few lines from the article that reference Guy Fieri's advice: "The first promise Fieri made the Pattersons was that a segment on his popular Food Network show would exponentially increase business. When that promise came true, the Pattersons decided to put their faith into his second bit of advice. "Guy told us the exposure would give us the chance to expand our business," Stephanie Patterson said. "So, that's what we're doing."
- Here is a commercial for Mama E's from 2012 with a little jingle. "I want me some Mama E's. And some of that mac and chee. And ooh wee some of those greens. And can I get some Kool-Aid please...."
The reviews of Mama E's are mostly positive with people complementing the food and there being many references to a friendly owner. The food was probably never the issue if they were able to get on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I guess you could say Guy Fieri gave them bad advice about a 2nd location, so Robert Irvine is needs to come in and save the day.
With this being the second time Mama E's Wings and Waffles has been on national television, you would think they would have a website or Facebook page for people hoping to check them out. This may be something they want to get created as Facebook is free, and a basic website does not cost much to get created.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant: Impossible updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter