This Sunday at 9pm ET/PT on Food Network is the start of season 14 of Food Network Star. As is usually the case, you will probably recognize many of the contestants from other reality shows on Food Network and other channels. Here is a list of the Food Network Star contestants for this season and where you may recognize them. Many have blogs and YouTube channels, but those are not listed. Also listed is their POV from the Food Network Star Talk Blog.
- Harrison Bader (Los Angeles, CA) - MTV's House of Food (won). POV - Healthy, delicious and approachable cuisine.
- Katie Dixon (Hattiesburg, MS) - Fox's Masterchef. POV - Southern-rooted with a healthy international spin.
- Jason Goldstein (New York, NY) - Finished in the top 10 of Rachael Ray’s cookbook contest. POV - I am a happy comfort food food blogger.
- Samone Lett (Sanford, FL) - Food Network's Cooks vs. Cons. POV - I like bold flavors and using seasonings and spices. And I love sauces. Anything I do will have to have flavors that pop and have a sauce.
- Rebekah Lingenfelser (Savannah, GA) - ABC's The Taste. POV - My culinary point of view is Southern coastal cuisine, and I love to cook with local, seasonal ingredients whenever they’re available.
- Palak Patel (New York, NY) - Appeared on Food Network's Rewrapped, Beat Bobby Flay (won), Chopped (won). POV - Fine casual. Basically I’ve taken a lot of things that I’ve eaten in my life and done it in a casual form.
- Christian Petroni (Port Chester, NY) - Food Network's Chopped (won), Also a judge on Chopped and Beat Bobby Flay. POV - Food people want to eat.
- Jessica Tom (Princeton, NJ) - Food Network's Cooks vs. Cons, Author of a book called Food Whore. POV - Easily international twists that you can easily integrate into your cooking.
- Chris Valdes (Miami, FL) - Appearances on local news segments. POV - You don’t have to be a chef to cook like one. And make it fun while you’re at it.
- Manny Washington (Orlando, FL) - Fox's Masterchef, Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen (won). POV - American cuisine with Southern and Caribbean influences.
You will also recognize the Food Network Star: Comeback Kitchen winner as they have previously competed on Food Network Star. If I have missed any contestant appearances on other shows, let me know in the comments and I can update this post.
If you are interested in learning more about the contestants, their bios from the Food Network Star press release are available here.
As always, visit Food Network Gossip after each episode airs to discuss the episode and who went home.