The food trucks competing are: Braised in the South (Charleston, SC), The Breakfast Club (Philadelphia, PA), Mr. Po’ Boys (Dallas, TX); Papi Chulo’s Empanadas (Cherry Hill, NJ), The Southern Frenchie (Little Rock, AR), Stick ‘Em Up (Rogersville, TN) and Wicked Good Seafood (Falmouth, MA)
More information about season 8 of The Great Food Truck Race such as episode descriptions, team bios and pictures can be found at multivu if you are interested.
One interesting thing about this season is that Mr. Po' Boys actually competed on a Food Network pilot called Great Food Truck Rally. The pilot of that show premiered in May 2017 and Mr. Po' Boys won the episode and the prize of money for their own food truck. They said they were called by The Great Food Truck Race producers to see if they wanted to compete, but they had to find a third person to compete with them - Link. The pilot of Great Food Truck Rally will actually replay in primetime on Food Network after the 5th episode of The Great Food Truck Race.
When filming The Great Food Truck Race, the food trucks advertise their locations on social media (which are later removed) and local newspapers do stories on the race while it is filming. This makes it possible to determine the order of elimination down to the final two trucks. If you are interested in seeing which trucks are eliminated in each episode, and who the final two trucks are, continue reading. Obviously it is a spoiler, but it just reveals the final two trucks and not the winner.
- Episode 1 - New Orleans, LA - Eliminated truck - Wicked Good Seafood; Proof - Pensacola article lists the remaining trucks competing and they are not in there.
- Episode 2 - Pensacola, FL - Eliminated truck - Papi Chulo’s Empanadas; Proof - Local Blog has the five trucks listed that were in Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Episode 3 - Tuscaloosa, AL - Eliminated truck - Stick Em Up; Proof - Googling "southern frenchie truck nashville" and you see Southern Frenchie truck advertises being in Nashville on their Facebook (it has since been taken down but still shows up on Google).
- Episode 4 - Nashville, TN - Eliminated truck - The Southern Frenchie; Proof - OnlineAthens.com article has the three trucks listed (Mr. Po' Boys Food Truck, Braised in the South, The Breakfast Club) who were set up in Athens.
- Episode 5 - Athens, GA - Eliminated Truck - The Breakfast Club; Proof - Article in Savannah Now has Mr. Po' Boys and Braised in the South listed as competing in the final.
- Episode 6 - Savannah, GA - Mr. Po' Boys vs. Braised in the South compete for $50,000 in the finale.
I guess now we know why the Mr. Po' Boys appearance on Great Food Truck Rally will air after the 5th episode as they will be on the finale the following week.