Here is some recent news involving Food Network shows and chefs/personalities from the Food Network:
- Robert Irvine (as part of Pervine Foods LLC) is being sued by Nestle for trademark infringement. Nestle claims the Robert Irvine Protein bar called Fit Crunch is using nearly identical trademarks and packaging and could be confused with Nestle's Crunch bars (both pictured right). (Link).
- UPDATE - Robert Irvine reached out on Twitter and said they were asked to change some things on the packaging which they agreed to. Also they were on their third revision and everything was 'all good.'
- Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond has partnered with Walmart to launch a collection of "modern country housewares" that includes tableware, glassware, cookware, bakeware and more. (Link)
- Jeff Mauro, who launched a BBQ sauce called Pork & Mindy's, will now open his first restaurant in Chicago called Pork & Mindy's. (Link)
- Food Network Star finalists Dom Tesoriero and Jay Ducote recently met with Susie Fogelson in New York according to their social media accounts. They posted the following picture, and Jay said he still doesn't know "what's next."
- Paula Deen's former cook Dora Charles is releasing a cookbook next week. She was integral in Paula Deen's career and worked in Paula's restaurants. She supposedly was underpaid and The New York Times did a story about her and the cookbook, which is a good read. It seems like she isn't allowed to say much about Paula Deen due to an out of court settlement. (Link)
- Food Network Star winner Eddie Jackson is currently filming his show BBQ Blitz and will film in Kansas City, MO on 9/3 if you are interested in attending. (Link)
- Masaharu Morimoto is opening a restaurant in Downtown Disney World called Morimoto Asia and it will open on September 30th. (Link)