Here is some more recent news involving Food Network shows and chefs/personalities from the Food Network. Topics include: The Kitchen, NYCWFF, Paula Deen, Lenny Mcnab, Food Network Star, and Scott Conant.
|Photo - Instagram|
- On The Kitchen this weekend, there is a Halloween theme and the hosts are dressed up (pictured). Katie Lee is dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood, Sunny Anderson - Diana Ross, Jeff Mauro - Mike Ditka, Geoffrey Zakarian - Guy Fieri, and Marcela Valladolid - Calavera Catrina.
- The New York City Wine & Food Festival (NYCWFF) was this past weekend. At the marquee event, The Burger Bash, Chopped judge Marc Murphy was chosen the winner by the judges, and Josh Capon was the people's champion. Here are thousands of pictures from the many events of the weekend.
- Chopped judge Scott Conant will be opening a new restaurant in New York City in 2015 called Conant. He did a pop up version of his restaurant this past weekend at the NYCWFF.
- Food Network Star winner Lenny Mcnab will be making a public appearance at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival at multiple events. There hasn't been much heard from him after winning Food Network Star (we know why), but this festival has no connection with the Food Network.
- The media is after Paula Deen again after they think an image on her restaurant website should be considered racist (Link). The photo has supposedly been on her restaurant website for five years.
- Food Network Star season 11 is casting and there are some upcoming open casting calls in Los Angeles, Denver, Philadelphia, Austin, Atlanta, Miami, and New York. Casting for season 4 of Beat Bobby Flay is also happening now.
- Saturday at 9pm on the Food Network is a special called Candy Craze where Jeff Mauro takes a candy-centric road trip.