|Photo - Food Network|
- "This was our first time at Papa's C, so I have no idea what it looked like prior to the makeover. Their new decors is great - everything seems really fresh and clean and has that "new" feeling. The hostess was super friendly and attentive - she stopped by several times to make sure that we were okay. As far as prices, I have to disagree with what others have said as far as it being outrageously overpriced. To me, it seemed comparable to other places in Fairport....My son loved his waffle, so we will definitely be back again!"
- "Food was dull and over priced. Ordered a salad and a wrap and it was 20.00. Starters the salad was small. They didn't follow instructions very well either asked for blue cheese got ranch. Asked for sliced banana peppers got whole peppers. Salad itself tasted old like the lettuce was bought from Wal-Mart and had been sitting in the refrigerator open for a few days....Also was charged 0.50 for the banana peppers...Wait staff was very poor and clueless. Could go into detail, but I will leave it at that."
- "I've been here before and since the re-make and had both breakfast and lunch. The cooking is alright. It's not great, but it's also not terrible...I hope Papa C's can stick around for years and be a profitable business for their owners. I really do. No one wants to see a business go under. But the future seems, at this point, to be very uncertain for them....The most important constructive criticism I could ever offer is "BE NICE!" The staff seems so very uninterested in interacting with their customers unless necessary. They just present an air that they don't want to be there or don't care. Some of the staff have been just downright rude in the past. And for Heaven's sake - stop parking your cars in front of the restaurant!"
- "The new decor is great, but the service still stinks! The employees are as slow and unfriendly as they have always been. The food takes forever to be made and they make no apologies for it. They are completely unattentive. It's unfortunate because there is so much potential. We won't be back."
- "Visited after Restaurant Impossible makeover, and was very unimpressed. The dinner menu is very short ( barely 1 page long) and an odd blend of basics and attempted fancy items (that are overpriced). Also, the acoustics are terrible, with a only about 1/3 of the tables in use but still very noisy from all the hard surface and open floor design. Although there's not a lot of competition within a few miles radius, it's worth driving a few more miles for some better local options."
Other News and Links:
- Here is the Papa C's website, and dinner menu, which has old items added back onto the menu.
- Here is the Papa C's Facebook page, which hasn't had any recent posts.
- In an interview with a local news station, Robert Irvine said this was the first episode of Restaurant Impossible that he almost walked off and left. (Link)
- Here are some past restaurant inspections for the restaurant, with the last one listed is from 2012.
- A lot of reviews before the makeover have complaints about the restaurant not honoring coupons and also up-charging for everything. (One example)
The reviews for Papa C's Eastside Cafe since the Restaurant Impossible visit are mostly negative with there being complaints about unfriendly service and high prices. With there supposedly being a fist fight, and Robert Irvine also almost leaving the makeover, there is sure to be some drama tonight.
This is the season 9 finale, however season 10 is already scheduled to begin on November 24th. This will be the FOURTH season to have episodes in 2014, so it seems that they will continue to rapidly produce new episodes. Plus it probably helps the success rate look a little better.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant: Impossible updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter