As I normally do with Restaurant: Impossible episodes, I searched around the Internet to read stories, comments and reviews about Broad Street Bistro to get an idea of how the restaurant is doing since Robert Irvine visited, and here is what I found (note - all reviews are post Restaurant: Impossible):
- "The wings are awesome, had the garlic Parmesan. My wife had the Italian hoagie and it was huge. Prices are very fair....Came back after the remodel and menu redo and it is fabulous. Great new menu selections, cannot wait to try all the items. It was Lent and we had the fish sandwiches - one of the best I have had. Strongly recommend!!!"
- "I really do like the wings here. However feel quality goes down when it's wing night."
- "Love, love, LOVE the makeover, courtesy of 'Restaurant Impossible'! New menu, new interiors...the bar and restaurant are now much more open and are virtually one space with the wall opened up. Had the bleu burger special today...delicious, and at a great price!"
- "I was really impressed by the quality of food for the price. The breadstick with my salad was to die for (way better than Olive Garden) and my husband loved loved his streak hoagie."
- "We ordered take out tonight, wings, calamari, burger and fries. It took slightly longer than I expected and when I got home, found there were no fries. When I called about it, the waitress was super nice and apologetic. She had the cook make some fries and she delivered it to my door for the inconvenience. Everything was excellent and I'm very happy with how everything was handled. Will definitely be back. Also, place looks great! Much better and cleaner looking than the old setup smile emoticon
- "Great place! Great food! Great service! Purchased a Groupon to this place. We ordered wings and meatloaf, both were great. My wife and I will definitely go back."
- "New, awesome, out of the ordinary menu...and amazing interior re-do!!! We will definitely be back."
*Reviews from Yelp, Google, Facebook
Other News and Links:
- The Restaurant Impossible makeover happened in March 2016.
- Here is the Broad Street Bistro website which says a new menu is coming soon.
- Here is the Broad Street Bistro Facebook Page which is kept up-to-date.
- All of the reviews on Yelp and Facebook (29 ratings - all 5 -tar) for Broad Street Bistro before the makeover were also positive
- Broad Street Bistro is currently offering three different Groupon deals (Link).
- The restaurant was previously known as Hurricane Alley and was known as a dive bar according to reviews.
- In June 2015, Tasso Athans notified his township of the name change and said that they would like to add a deck to the front of the building. (Link)
- Tasso's son Yianni is currently a chef in Colorado (Link).
- Here is a local news video with Tasso Athans this week where he presents a few dishes but doesn't say much about the makeover due to the show not airing yet.
Despite there not being too many reviews, all of the reviews for Broad Street Bistro are positive. People seem to like the food (especially the wings), the menu, the makeover and the service. Even before the Restaurant Impossible ambush, the reviews for Broad Street Bistro were positive, but there were a lot less reviews. It seems like everything has gone well for the restaurant in the few months since the Restaurant Impossible makeover.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant: Impossible updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter