Here is some recent news involving Food Network shows and chefs/personalities from the Food Network:
- Alton Brown stars in a video reviewing Amazon's dumbest kitchen gadgets which almost has a million views in a day. The video is below, and if you are interested in reading other reviews for the gadgets on Amazon, here they are: Strawberry Slicer, Brownie Pan, Meat Shredding Claws, Veggetti, Breakfast Sandwich Maker, and Rollie.
- It seems like Food Network Star season 11 contestant Arnold Myint may be getting a show called Hint of Myint or they are testing out a pilot. There are a lot of recent Twitter posts and Instagram posts about it on his social media.
- Amanda Freitag is supposedly over $119,000 behind on her rent at her diner Empire Diner in NYC. The money is due by December 14th or they will likely be evicted (Link). So she is tasked with saving diners in American Diner Revival, but may lose her own. Kind of similar to Restaurant Impossible and Robert Irvine as he closed a few restaurants after the show was on.
- Michael Symon's show Burgers, Brew & Que was renewed for a second season that will premiere on January 15th. The show will remain in the Friday at 10:30pm timeslot. (Link)
- Michael Symon is also opening a restaurant inside of Atlantic City's Borgata Casino in the fall of 2016. (Link)