As I normally do with Restaurant: Impossible episodes, I searched around the Internet to read stories, comments and reviews about Stella's Dine-Inn Restaurant to get an idea of how the restaurant is doing since Robert Irvine visited, and here is what I found (note - all reviews are post Restaurant: Impossible):
- "This restaurant recently went thru a very nice decor and menu changes. It is wonderful. Some old favorites are still there like the wings,Stella sticks, and d & m pizza. But new additions and special are always fresh and delicious. Staff as always are still friendly and courteous. It a must in New Ken."
- "This restaurant was amazing before, now it is spectacular, they have an updated menu and décor. They have a wonderful bar and plenty of specials for drinks and food. Every thing is made from scratch. There is plenty of parking and easy to get to."
- "this is my second review of Stellas , they have changed the menu and the inside since the food network shot the tv show Restaurant Impossible there....all i can say is I liked it even more then the previous review, great new menu, some fantastic specials (Kangaroo Tacos...trust me , they are fantastic ), and the place looks real fresh and spacious inside....i highly recomment this restaurant"
- "Love new menu, great taste and large portions. Bright interior, staff friendly and knowledgeable about menu."
Other News and Links:
- The Restaurant Impossible makeover happened in late September/early October
- Here is the Stella's Dine Inn website.
- Stella's also has a beer barn, which offers a wide variety of beer 6 packs to go. (Link)
- Here is Stella's Facebook page, and here is another Stella's Facebook Page where people check in while at the restaurant.
- The restaurant is the #2 (out of 47) ranked restaurant in New Kensington on Tripadvisor, so it appears they may not have been struggling before the makeover. (Link)
- In a local article right after the makeover, everyone interviewed said how they always loved the food and that the restaurant seemed to be doing well. Stacey also said she loved the makeover.
- Dominic Mazzotta is a MMA fighter with an 8-1 record in the bantamweight division (135 lbs) - Link. His next fight is Wednesday, November 25th and here is his Facebook fan page. If he keeps winning, people think he can be signed by the UFC soon.
- I will update this post with the result of Dom's MMA fight after it happens.
While there weren't too many reviews of Stella's Dine Inn, they were all positive with people liking the food and the new menu. Reviews before the makeover were also very positive and people commented how the restaurant was always packed, so I am not sure if the restaurant was picked due to family drama or because of financial struggles.
*Note - There was also a Stella's on season 4 of Restaurant Impossible, and that restaurant is now closed.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant: Impossible updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter