Here is some recent news involving Food Network shows and chefs/personalities from the Food Network:
|Photo - PaulaDeen.com|
- Justin Warner is trying to raise $15,000 through Kickstarter to build an outdoor enclosure for his restaurant Do or Dine. I guess that Food Network contract isn't all it is cracked up to be if he is asking for handouts.
- This past weekend was the Food Network In Concert event in Chicago, IL. Here are a bunch of photos from the event, including a human pyramid, and someone being mistaken for Sunny Anderson.
- A former manager of Tick Tock Diner in Clifton, NJ, which was featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, was sentenced to eight years in prison for trying to hire a hit man to kill his uncle (co-owner of restaurant) to gain greater control for himself.
- Gibson Borelli won the 2nd season of Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off last night and his web series is called Jersey Shore Kid.
- The Paula Deen Network is launching this week, and the Wall Street Journal revealed yesterday that Paula Deen bought the rights to her Food Network shows (440 episodes plus un-aired footage). So you probably will not be seeing any Paula Deen re-runs on the Food Network in the future. Paula also has appearances this week on the Today show (Tuesday), and on The Chew (Friday).
- Food Network alum David Rosengarten is trying to make a comeback and is relaunching the Rosengarten Report, which is his food newsletter.