|Photo - Food Network|
- "Been a customer of Miss Lynns for years and have never gotten bad service or bad food. You get the same kind of service at ANY OTHER BBQ JOINT IN EAST TX. The whiners are haters and just want a business to fail."
- "Me and my husband had dinner at Bryan's Smokehouse...of course we was curious if and how the food had improved and we was pleasantly surprised with our meal..... Everyone was nice and made us feel very comfortable. The owner came over and talked to us and it was really comforting. I love the new look and feel. I wish them the best"
- "We ordered at the drive thru, horrible service. The lady looked unclean that served us with slicked back bleached hair and dirty t shirt.. She did not know prices. We asked for an item and she said they were out and just stared at us....Oh the prices are too expensive for that low quality food and service."
- "I rarely got a drink refill and if I got a chance to order, I spoke quickly as I knew they might not come back to the table. I went a second time and the same problems were still there, except on the return visit I found the food had no seasoning."
- "Sorry Chef Robert, but this place still needs a lot of improvement. My guess is that they've backtracked quite a bit since his renovation. Although, the best decor in the world can't make up for bad food and bad service."
- "Not one customer there and no one wanted to wait on us, so we left. I have been looking forward to trying this place since the makeover, but probably will not go back :("
- "Very disappointed. Price was outrageous for 1 sandwich, tea and 1/4 cup coleslaw. Over 11 dollars. ???? I guess they have to pay for makeover. Not with my money ever again. Sorry, I know they have been here a long time but pay attention to your competition."
- "Well, we found out what 10k and an Englishman did for Bryan's today. Raised prices. Food is still cold. Service is still horrible. I do believe it's time to turn out the lights. This party is definitely over."
- "The service the night of the grand opening was pathetic over an hr wait for our food it was nasty and expensive. "
From a Blog Review of the restaurant, the owner Lynn supposedly responded with a comment stating:
"You are sad person and taking those pics was a Big Big Mistake you will no what I mean soon enough lol hope your evil ways pay off for you lol Bryan's smokehouse is a great great place Christian ran ,locally owned, they feed the hungry and help family's who are in need , donate to everyone who's in need , put kids thru church Camps and help the kid that are sick so you being ugly will only hurt you in the end you sad person !!!' Learn to only speak good things for a change be happy not a sad mad jerk"
A few days ago (May 22nd), someone from Bryan's Smokehouse replied to a bad Urbanspoon Review with:
"Johnathan, my name is E.G. Mathews. I am truly sorry for your BAD EXPERIENCE as far as the "reservations" that was done for the first couple of days for the staff to get the feel and flow of the menu and store. I have taken over a month ago as General Manager and have brought in a knowledgeable and well trained staff I would like to invite you back in for Lunch on me so as to see this restaurant is not a so-called TURD, and we are returning Bryan's Smokehouse to it's glory days. Thank You, E.G. Mathews"
The reviews of Bryan's Smokehouse are overwhelmingly negative. They still seem to have problems with terrible service, bad food, and now high prices. They are definitely not taking advantage of trying to turn new customers into repeat customers with the way they seem to be treating them. Also, there is a lot of barbeque competition around there which people seem to prefer.
With a barbeque restaurant, I think decor doesn't play that much of a factor as people care more about the food than what the place looks like. Who knows if Robert knows how to barbeque with the best in Texas, but it is hard to change a barbeque process in 2 days, as it takes hours to make good barbeque.
It looks like they have hired a GM, who claims to have brought in a new staff. Who knows if that will help at all, but at least they are trying. This is going to be another restaurant that we will have to watch.
UPDATE 2/2014 - Bryan's Smokehouse has been sold. More information on the sale.
*Visit Our Restaurant Impossible Update Page to see all Restaurant Impossible Updates, and which restaurants are open, closed, or have been sold. Also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter