The Positive Reviews:
- "Customer service was outstanding. Their beer choices could have been better; food was very good. They were dead on a Saturday night and this might be more to do with location than anything else."
- "They have wonderful home cooking and a great selection of draft beer. They specialize with their fried fish. I think their chili is the greatest. More like Texas style, not Cincinnati style. Lots of regulars, but the staff is friendly and makes you feel right at home."
- "When we crave a fried fish sandwich, Rohrer's is on the top of our list. The meal is good and they also serve beer or a good iced tea."
- "Might not be the fanciest or largest but if you like fish cast your vote for Rohrer's. Good price and great food and service."
- "I HOPE after whatever contract period they have with Restaurant Impossible they don't revert back to the old menu or recipes-- the waitress mentioned not having some menu items back 'yet.' My parents kept commenting on how this is how they remember the food tasting many decades ago as opposed to before the makeover. Rohrer's is a local staple-- seriously, don't change a thing! Also huge portions and decent prices. I need to go back for another one of those hoagies, stat."
- "The cod sandwich is simply unbelievable. Come one - come all! This place is it! Our new local favorite place for sure."
- "I went to Rohrer's before and after Restaurant Impossible, all I can say is that Robert Irvine is a magician. I had the hanger steak, an item you usually don't see at a pub like this, and it was delicious! We had the shrimp for an appetizer, also great! I want to go back and try the meatloaf. I saw one go past our table and I really want to try it, it looked awesome. I highly recommend going to check out the new Rohrer's!"
- "Ate there tonight with family and I've gotta say, AWESOME!!! We all loved the new look and the of course the food!! Can't wait to return!! We all had the baked or fried cod and it was fabulous...the hot slaw was awesome. The only hot slaw i like."
The Negative Reviews:
- "We both had hot slaw which was good but over priced at $5. We also had their famous fish sandwich which was very good. Fries are fresh, skin on and would of been delicious hot out of the fryer but these had been sitting around too long. Service was slow and unattentive. Waited forever for our check and then they brought the wrong one, not once but twice. They deserve another shot, so we will go back."
- "Not the same! Facelift worked but the new menu sucks. No stewed tomatoes, no mac n cheese, no hot slaw & NO BAKED FISH!"
Most of the reviews for Rohrer's are positive and a lot of the reviewers said they would be back again, which means repeat customers. The cod at Rohrer's seems to be a hit with everyone and is their go-to menu item. Before the makeover, the restaurant was not open on Sundays, but they are now open on Sunday's and promoting Cincinnati Bengals games. As usual, with the menu changes some of the regulars get upset, but one of the issues plaguing Rohrer's was finding new customers. Rohrer's did what most Restaurant Impossible restaurants do, which is add menu items back to the menu as complaints come in, such as the 'Fishettes' which were added to the 'revised Restaurant impossible menu' in September.
UPDATE - The owner has stated that Rohrer’s saw year-over-year growth of $20,000 for the month of September after Restaurant Impossible visited. Rohrer's is also seeing new customers come in from areas that they didn't in the past. Finally, the restaurant is cutting down on food costs after Robert's lesson and continues to try to reduce their food costs.
UPDATE 4/2014 - Rohrer's Tavern has closed - More information on the closing.
Reviews from Yelp, Tripadvisor, Urbanspoon, and Cincinnati.com
Information also from Rohrer's Facebook Page